There are several reasons why this can happen. There may be external factors, but more often than not this is due to incorrect or improper use of the clothesline. Are you still entitled to warranty? Please get in touch with us and we can see what we can do for you.
We always give the following advice for how to use your rotary dryer. Did you know this?
- When opening, check that there are no clothesline cords wrapped around the arm(s).
- Do not use the clothesline in strong winds (the clothesline is designed to withstand up to 8 Beaufort).
- Make sure your clothesline can rotate/spin freely.
- Make sure your clothesline does not fall over.
- Do you have a Lift-O-Matic or Lift-O-Matic Advanced clothesline? Do not make the clothesline too tight: there must be 10 to 13 holes visible in the clothesline tube between the clothesline's two moving plastic parts. Are there fewer than 10 holes? Then the rotary clothes dryer is tensioned too tightly and there is too much tension on the rotary arm.
- Be careful with heavy duvets or blankets (the clothesline can withstand up to 40 kg).
- Install and use the Brabantia ground anchor.